|Corporate and Personal Branding e-Newsletter Archive|
Welcome to my Success Tips
e-Newsletter Archive Page!
Here you'll find past issues of e-newsletters filled
with a variety of stories and articles about corporate and personal
branding - whether for "YOU™" (the trademarked you), for your business, or for
You'll uncover the truth about some well-entrenched branding
myths... you'll gain helpful hints to effectively define, communicate and master
your brand... and you'll get the latest on special product and coaching offers
available only to e-newsletter subscribers.
So, come on in, browse a while, and feel free to visit BrendaBence.com for
more information on how to achieve greater success for "YOU™" and your company through the power of branding.
Click here to visit the
- January 2017 - Branding Success Tips e-Newsletter
- Brenda’s kicks off her first newsletter of 2017 not with a traditional New Year’s Resolution, but with a New Year’s Challenge for readers. Based on a chapter in Brenda’s latest book, Leading YOU™, she shares the critical importance of mind management as a core foundation for powerful self-leadership. To practice sound mind management, Brenda encourages readers to go a step beyond meditation (the mind is still busy) and shift into total body and mind stillness. After sharing the multiple benefits of doing so and her own (rather funny) experiences in the year’s early attempts, Brenda encourages readers to join her in trying this interesting 17-minute challenge. By doing so, readers gain a chance to win one of several complimentary copies of Brenda’s recently released ebook or audio book of Leading YOU™.
- December 2016 - Branding Success Tips e-Newsletter
- The last newsletter of 2016 celebrates the release of Brenda’s ninth book, entitled Leading YOU™. Based on her years of experience as a Senior Executive Coach, Leading YOU™ reveals the top 15 self-leadership mistakes she regularly sees in her practice, and offers tips, tools, and solutions for each. Have YOU made any of these self-leadership mistakes? Check out this month’s newsletter to find out... Brenda also shares a step-by-step process for creating your customized “Holiday-Season Mantra” to help you stay calm, centered, and in control -- even in the face of the hectic year-end season. Lastly, this newsletter outlines the various ways you can get a copy of Leading YOU™, whether you want a signed hardbound version, a paperback, ebook, or audio book.
- September 2016 - Branding Success Tips e-Newsletter
- In this issue of Brenda Bence’s newsletter, Brenda highlights how strengths have become weaknesses. She discusses a study that looked at 6,000 leaders and how their strengths and weaknesses are perceived by their peers, direct reports, and bosses. She then highlights some behaviors that may be strengths, but could turn into weaknesses, such as being “too” passionate, or being “too” democratic, and offers some solutions to help navigate those scenarios. Also in this newsletter, two lucky participants who answer Brenda’s question, “Who do YOU believe is the best and most well-known self-leader still living today?”, will have a chance to receive a copy of her upcoming book Leading YOU™.
- May 2016 - Branding Success Tips e-Newsletter
- This newsletter celebrates International Coaching Week 2016 with an article by Brenda which shares the multiple benefits of coaching from a leader’s perspective. Entitled, “What All Great Leaders Need,” it starts by sharing the names of famous leaders, all who credit a large part of their success to having had a coach. Can you guess which famous leaders Brenda is talking about? Check it out! Brenda also shares helpful tips for how to find a great coach and ultimately decide on the right coach for you. In this newsletter, you’ll hear some exciting news: Brenda’s new book on self-leadership, Leading YOU™, will be released later this year! Take a peek at what to expect by reading the excerpt, entitled Keeping Your Eye on the Target: What’s Your End Game? If that sounds interesting to you, then you will want to enter this month’s lucky draw contest uniquely for newsletter readers, earning a chance to win a free copy of Leading YOU™ once it is released.
- March 2016 - Branding Success Tips e-Newsletter
- In this second newsletter of 2016, Brenda shares the #1 leadership-development request she receives in her executive coaching practice: how to strengthen Executive Presence. Along with explaining what “Presence” really means, this newsletter also includes an Executive Presence “quiz” -- a self-assessment that you can take to help you review for yourself the various facets of your Executive Presence. Based on your assessment outcomes, Brenda then shares tips and techniques for how to improve your lower-scoring Executive Presence areas. Lastly, Brenda provides a link to access dozens of articles she has written about how to build an Executive Leadership Brand.
- February 2016 - Branding Success Tips e-Newsletter
- In this first newsletter of 2016, Brenda helps to de-mystify a phenomena that many of us remain curious about: Why do we keep failing at New Year’s resolutions? Brenda reveals startling statistics about the rate of failed resolutions, and then, based on her Executive Coaching experience, shares a different yet powerful way of thinking that you can use immediately to make sure you do succeed at what you want to achieve this year. Brenda also shares a number of useful tips, tools, and techniques that you can use to take charge of your time and gain back better control of your life.
- May 2015 - Branding Success Tips e-Newsletter
- This newsletter celebrates International Coaching Week (May 18-24, 2015)! In honor of what is still a fairly new profession – and as a seasoned executive coach herself - Brenda offers leadership insights based on her experience coaching hundreds of executives from around the globe. Brenda also shares the #1 reason for regretted employee turnover as well as tips for what you can do about it. Lastly, Brenda shares an excerpt from her book on leading others (Would You Want to Work for YOU™?) which sheds light on the thought-provoking question: Does being the boss mean you get to tell people what to do?
- April 2015 - Branding Success Tips e-Newsletter
- April 1, 2015 marks the 13th Anniversary of the company Brenda founded (Brand Development Associates [BDA] International Ltd.)! To celebrate that milestone, Brenda shares a list of the Top 10 most common branding mistakes that entrepreneurs make – mistakes that can prevent a new enterprise from achieving success. Have YOU committed any of these entrepreneurial branding errors?
- December 2013 - Branding Success Tips e-Newsletter
- In this last newsletter of 2013, Brenda pays homage to the late, great Nelson Mandela by sharing a few of his key principles for leadership success. She also announces her latest book release entitled Would You Want to Work for You™? How to build an executive leadership brand that inspires loyalty and drives employee performance, and then challenges you think: What IS the experience of working with and for you? As year-end “bonus time” rolls around, Brenda asks you to reflect on an important question – “Is money really the ultimate motivator?” - and shares an exercise to help you uncover your own motivators. Lastly, Brenda invites readers to participate in the ‘Brand 2013 Challenge’ - the best entries will win an copy of her latest book!
- August 2013 - Branding Success Tips e-Newsletter
- In this newsletter, Brenda explores the topic of “authentic leadership” and helps to answer the question: Can you use “being authentic” as an excuse to be a jerk? She also explores your family’s brand (and yes, you have one!) and gives you a fun family-branding challenge to share with your parents, siblings, and extended relatives. Lastly, Brenda answers the question: “Can you be branded before you even have a name?” A very – and timely - example reveals hints to the answer.
- November 2012 - Branding Success Tips e-Newsletter
- How do you build a powerful brand in 2013 that gets the kind of attention you want? In this last newsletter of 2012, Brenda shares some surprising marketing tips that can be gleaned from the #1 YouTube video sensation "Gangnam Style," and she reveals a key step taken by the very best leaders and entrepreneurs that not only builds team morale but strengthens their leadership personal brands in the process. Brenda also shares how her new favorite (and amazing!) brand is using the lowest-cost form of marketing to expand quickly and internationally. And while we're at it, Brenda invites readers to also have some fun exploring 007's favorite brands, too. (Yes, that's Bond. James Bond.)
- April 2012 - Branding Success Tips e-Newsletter
- Yes, indeed, the 1st of April, 2012 - April Fool's Day - marked the ten-year anniversary of the birth of Brand Development Associates (BDA) International. We are incredibly grateful and thank everyone for their support.
In this edition, Brenda shares an Ode to Entrepreneurs Everywhere. She also asks you think about the "Bug" In Your Branding Chain. And finally, Brenda shares Lessons from "Linsanity" -- The Art of Leadership Personal Branding.
- March 2012 - Branding Success Tips e-Newsletter
- In this edition, Brenda talks about your very own corporate and personal "Brand Triangle" (yes, you have one!) and how to use it to make sure you've got the brand you want to have. Maybe you're in the market for a job? If so, you'll learn some startling statistics about Facebook and just how powerfully it can impact your brand vis-a-vis potential employers. For the college grad in your life, I'll help debunk the myth that students coming out of university today are at a disadvantage when it comes to looking for employment.
- January 2012 - Branding Success Tips e-Newsletter
- The year 2012 is here! But before you say adios to 2011, Brenda encourages you to take the “Power of 3 Brand Challenge” by asking yourself some key questions and reflecting on your corporate and personal branding efforts over the last year. You’ll also learn which brands made the short list on 2011’s Top Global Brands, ponder what “leadership” really means to you, and find out how to make 2012 “your” year for a new job, if you’re in the market. Last but not least, Brenda shares two exciting announcements!
- April 2011 - Branding Success Tips e-Newsletter
- In this edition, Brenda talks about that ever-so-delicate balance every leader faces between being liked and being respected. Explore how to make sure your corporate or personal brand has true "sticking power" in today's frenetic and fast-paced communications world. Brenda shares powerful personal branding interview tips you can pass on to the college grad in your life. And, if the improved economy has you considering a job change, you'll find some tools for how to build a strong job seeker personal brand.
- January 2011 - Branding Success Tips e-Newsletter
- Happy 2011! If you’re like most people in the world, you start the New Year by making some resolutions. In this newsletter, Brenda shares the five biggest Leadership Personal Brand Busters® that can actually prevent you from achieving what you want. Review the results of last month’s survey on the “2010 Biggest Corporate and Personal Brand Winners & Losers.” Sound off on the question, “Does Starbucks’ latest corporate identification change reflect a ‘logo no-no?’”
- December 2010 – Branding Success Tips e-Newsletter
- Brenda shares five key questions that can change the way your brand is perceived as you approach the New Year... Cast your vote in the "2010 Biggest Corporate & Personal Brand Winners & Losers" poll… Discover why companies are turning more and more to Executive Coaching as a critical tool to build leadership - and to build the leadership personal brands of their executives.
- October 2010 – Branding Success Tips e-Newsletter
- In this e-newsletter, Brenda challenges readers to take the “Brand Icon Challenge” and, in return, get a chance to win one of ten 2011 page-a-day calendars. Learn eight techniques for using personal branding as “employment insurance” and avoid losing your job in a still-unstable economy. Are you a business owner? If so, Brenda shares helpful tips for how to harness the power of personal branding to improve your company’s bottom line. Give the gift of a personal brand to a college grad with Brenda’s latest book in her How YOU™ Are Like Shampoo book series.
- July 2010 – Branding Success Tips e-Newsletter
- Brenda salutes the end of the World Cup in South Africa by reviewing key Leadership Personal Branding lessons from Nelson Mandela. Clear up any confusion around key marketing terms, including how a “brand” is different from “branding.” Read the top 10 most common branding mistakes entrepreneurs make, and learn how to more powerfully align a company brand with employees’ individual personal brands.
- May 2010 – Branding Success Tips e-Newsletter
- Cast your vote on the damage done to “Brand Thailand,” and learn how to leverage customer complaints to grow a powerhouse brand. Explore the top five behaviors that can damage your leadership personal brand and also the top 10 personal branding mistakes made most frequently by job seekers.
- March 2010 – Branding Success Tips e-Newsletter
- In this inaugural issue of the newly-titled "Brenda Bence's Corporate & Personal Brand Success Tips", we tackle the important subject of how to leverage social media and answer a tough question: “Would you want to work for you?” - Brenda offers great tips for how to see your personal brand as a leader through the eyes of those you lead.
- December 31, 2009
- This edition – the last of the How YOU™ Are Like Shampoo newsletters – is chock full of brand-related topics you can expect to read in future editions. Click to … find out the top 10 reasons why leaders should celebrate wins … read up on how to manage personal brand damage control … listen to an interview about how your online personal brand can bring you greater job search success… and sit in on an hour-long teleseminar about how to build a better company brand without spending a lot of money. In this edition, there is something for everyone!
- April 2009 – Personal Branding e-Newsletter
- Join in the excitement as Brenda launches her second book on personal branding – for Job Seekers – and offers a free copy to subscribers. Brenda also includes advice on how to make the “corporate brand / personal brand connection” and shares some powerhouse personal branding tips for soon-to-be graduates.
- Year-End 2008 e-newsletter
- Learn the results of our Tattoo Survey and find out what subscribers think tattoos do for YOUR personal brand. Read about your personal brand and the economy, and what personal branding had to do with the outcome of the U.S. Presidential election in November 2008.
- August/September 2008 e-Newsletter
- Just how "unique" IS your personal brand? Brenda shares a personal story that brings our uniqueness to light. Read funny stories from subscribers who shared how they communicated their personal brands - or not! - as they traveled across the globe.
- Mid-Year 2008 e-Newsletter
- With more international travel taking place than ever before, the chance of making a cross-cultural Personal Brand Buster™ is greater and greater. How can you make sure you don't damage relationships as you travel around the world with your personal brand in tow?
- May 2008 Personal Branding e-Newsletter
- Think personal branding is all about you? Think again! In this issue, we make clear why personal branding doesn't begin with you at all. So, if your personal brand isn't about you, then who it is really about? Click here to find out.
- April 2008 Personal Branding e-Newsletter
- Our third issue focuses on another common misperception about Personal Branding - that it's "fake" to brand yourself. Find out why that's not true.
- March 2008 Personal Branding e-Newsletter
- This month's focus: the personal branding myth that "Personal Branding is all about how you look and dress" - a common misperception!
- February 2008 Personal Branding e-Newsletter
- In our inaugural issue, we debunk the myth that "Personal Branding is all about self-promotion." Author Brenda Bence also shares her hopes for the e-newsletter and answers that important question: "So, How ARE you like shampoo?"
Be part of the Success Tips
e-Newsletter on-line community and receive the latest updates from the world of Corporate and Personal Branding.
Sign up to receive our monthly e-newsletter today!
10785 W. Twain Ave.,
Las Vegas, Nevada 89135